Wednesday 27 October 2010

Planet Calypso - First time back with a new computer!

Once upon a time ....   well sometime back in 2007 - I registered an account in the MMORPG called Entropia Universe, which is now called Planet Calypso. I played a bit for a little while but never went far. Then for different reasons I have not really been logging in and thus I got a warning not too long ago that it was now more than 300 days since I had logged in and if I did not log in within 450 days from my last login my account with all items would be closed and deleted.

So I thought, maybe it is time have a look at it again. Unfortunately (for me) in my absess the developers (Mind Ark AB) had changed the 3D Engine used to CryEngine2. The requirements for this 3D Engine was too hefty for my old Acer TravelMate 2490 (onboard Intel Graphics, 1.5 GB Ram and a single core Celeron Processor).

Just last week I was lucky enough to get my hardware upgraded to an Acer Aspire 5738G with a Radeon HD4650 GFX card with 1GB Ram, a dual core Pentium T4500 (2.3 GHz) and 4 GB of Ram running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Thinking back at the graphics in 2007 and then looking at the newly redesigned Port Atlantis things have really come far! And now vehicles are being introduced too. Back in the old times we had to walk or run to go anywhere. This will probably still be the case for new recruits - unless they are lucky enough to get a ride - as these vehicles seem rather expensive.

I did my very first mining run this evening - but more about that later - probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment